March 22, 2017

This or That?


I confess. I still look for ways to fudge while low-carbing. I employ requisite effort by carefully reading labels and menu descriptions. Still, there is not always enough transparency in explanations. For instance, I ordered this...

Mushroom Burger

Brimming with crimini mushrooms sautéed in red wine, caramelized onions, lettuce, and mozzarella cheese. Holy mouthwatering, Batman.
I added waffled sweet potato fries. My son, Brock, was the designated eater, meaning that I would have 2 to 3 fries and he would whisk the balance out of my reach. (Brock understands my weakness for potatoes.) The rest seemed innocuous. 

Yet, my first bites were a surprise. Sugar had been added to the sweet potato fries and to the caramelized onions. I have never added sugar to either because I think both are sweet enough. Being sugar-free, my tastebuds did cartwheels. The sweetened onions affected the mushrooms, so I ended up eating only a few — along with the bun-less burger. The "Coke" glass contained unsweetened ice tea.


I was going to get this Cobb Salad and I wish that I had. For a low-carber, this salad really deserves a "Holy Mouth Watering, Batman." 

Cobb Salad

A tower of fresh greens topped with grilled diced chicken, crumbled bleu cheese, bacon, egg, avocado, tomatoes, and black olives. Served with bleu cheese dressing.
I have had ordered this several times. There are no hidden surprises. I devour every morsel and I don't feel hungry for a many hours.

So, what did I learn from this? If I don't want a surprise party, ask questions before ordering.

Surprised by Fries,
CLICK ON "COMMENTS" BELOW
TO WEIGH IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for weighing in...