If you have ever read Martha Stewart Living, you know that there are 4 tear-out recipe cards featured in each edition. I have been saving these recipes for years. Most recipes are already low-carb or can be easily adapted. This one will have you salivating just by reading it.
Blistered Eggplant With Tomatoes, Olives, and Feta
Martha Stewart Living
(Slightly adapted for low-carb)
Active Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 50 min.
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 3/4 pounds), cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 3/4 pounds mixed tomatoes: small one halved or quartered, or large ones cut into 1/4-inch-thick-rounds
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup mixed olives
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat broiler with rack 6 inches from hear source. Place eggplant rounds on a wire rack set on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until eggplant is blistered and deep brown on one side, 10 to 12 minutes. Flip and broil until blistered on other side, 10 to 12 minutes. Immediately transfer to a large bowl, toss with oil, and cover with a plate. Let stand until softened, 10 minutes.
- Arrange eggplant and tomatoes on a platter, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper and drizzling with oil before adding next. Top with feta, olives, and parsley.
- Serve with low-carb bread.
CLICK ON "COMMENTS" BELOW
TO WEIGH IN.