January 4, 2017

Low-Carb Peanut Butter Cookies


In my pre-low-carb days, I could easily eat an entire bowl of peanut butter cookie dough. It usually happened over the course of a day. (I know I am not alone.) I loved dough and sometimes baking just seemed unnecessary

With sugar behind me, finding low-carb cookie recipes has been a challenge. For one, I do not crave sweets like I used to. Further, substitute-sugars will never taste like white table sugar. This is why this recipe surprised me. The cookies look and taste delicious; and it only takes a couple to curb an urge.

NOTE: I prefer them warm, so I heat up cool cookies for 15 seconds in the microwave.

LOW-CARB PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Adapted from a recipe by Laura Hickman 

24 cookies
Total time: 25 minutes

Ingredients
  • ½ cup coconut flour
  • 1 cup powdered Swerve
  • 1 cup Smucker's Natural Creamy or Crunchy Peanut Butter (just peanuts, minimal salt, and no sugar)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pure bourbon vanilla extract (I use Trader Joe's brand)
  • Chocolate chips sweetened with stevia
Instructions
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Prepare baking sheet with parchment or cooking spray. (I use Pampered Chef Stoneware.)
  3. Mix all ingredients in mixer (or with a hand mixer) until well combined and dough has formed.
  4. Measure the dough with a tablespoon measure. (I use the Pampered Chef Small Scoop.)
  5. Form balls of dough and place them on on your baking sheet or stoneware.
  6. Flatten cookies by making a crisscross mark with a fork. (I use a small bamboo fork.)
  7. Optional: Add a chocolate chip.
  8. Bake for 14-17 minutes till edges are golden brown.
Nutrition Information
Serving size: 1 cookie
Carbohydrates: 4.6

“That’s the way it crumbles, cookie-wise.”
~from the motion picture, The Apartment
CLICK ON "COMMENTS" BELOW
TO WEIGH IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for weighing in...