As I promised in my last post, here is the casserole recipe that we enjoyed Christmas Day. Andres Regalado has been more infrequent with his blogging in the last year or two, but his site is a trove of ideas.
LOW CARB BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
From Andres Regalado @ TheLowCarb Diet
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 30 mins
TOTAL TIME: 45 mins
- 11 eggs
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, cut into thirds
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- ¾ lb bacon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease 9x13 inch pan.
- Cook bacon and sausage until reaching desired doneness. Crumble both into about 1 inch pieces.
- Steam cauliflower for 3-8 minutes until tender.
- Sauté onions, peppers and any other vegetables in lightly oiled skillet.
- Stir together vegetables, bacon, sausage, and seasonings.
- Spread the mixture in the pan.
- Lightly beat eggs with hot sauce, pour them into pan and top with cheese.
- Bake casserole 30-35 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Serving size: 1 serving (Total recipe makes 8 servings)
Protein 34.21g, Fat 38.84g, Cals 455, Carbs 5.66g, Fiber 0.80g -- NET CARBS: 4.86g
BEST BLESSINGS IN 2017,
CLICK ON "COMMENTS" BELOW
TO WEIGH IN.