November 13, 2016

Root Vegetable Fauxtato Salad (Low Carb)


Before low-carbing, I was a fiend for potatoes. Okay, I still am. My potato cravings are stronger than those for chocolate! Since potatoes (tubers) are high in carbs, my consumption is cautious, but I still include them from time to time.

The ingredients in potato salad are low-carb friendly as long the potatoes and sugar are omitted. So, I like to experiment with alternatives. I recently made a tasty fauxtato salad using cauliflower. This Parsnip Fauxtato Salad was on the menu tonight and my guys raved about it. The recipe called for turnips, but our Neighborhood Walmart did not have them in stock. I was too lazy to go elsewhere, so I selected parsnips instead. Parsnips are higher in carbs, so I ate a smaller portion. I will have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Parsnips | Think Vegetables - UK


I borrowed this recipe, Turnip Fauxtato Salad, from My Life Cookbook. I just exchanged the root vegetable. Turnips are lower in carbs, so I am anxious to use them next time.

RELATED POSTS:
CLICK ON "COMMENTS" BELOW
TO WEIGH IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for weighing in...