November 25, 2016

Cheesy Bacon Broccoli Casserole (Low Carb)



I aim to keep Christmas jolly...without the folly. Let's face it, no one has stress on their holiday checklist. For me, simple starts in the kitchen.

This recipe is adapted from Linda's Low Carb Menus and Recipes. It got rave reviews at our Thanksgiving table. Broccoli has been a family favorite, so why not dress it up with cream cheese, sharp cheddar, and bacon? I doubled the recipe to match the appetites of my 3 guys. I also made the instructions more specific.

CHEESY BACON BROCCOLI CASSEROLE (LOW CARB) 
Adapted from Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 14-16 ounce packages of frozen broccoli florets 
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened 
  • 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded 
  • 8 green onions, chopped 
  • Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste 
  • 6 pieces bacon, fried until crisp
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Steam the broccoli 6-8 minutes or until bright green and tender. Allow the steam to escape for 2 minutes. (I steamed the broccoli in 2 batches.)
  2. Place broccoli in a greased 4-quart casserole. (I used my Pampered Chef Rockcrok Everyday Pan.)
  3. Cut the bacon into small pieces using kitchen shears.
  4. Mix in the cream cheese, cheddar, green onion, salt, pepper, and bacon. 
  5. Bake at 350˚ for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Makes 8-12 servings

NOTE: You can cut this recipe in half for fewer diners, although it is fabulous for leftovers. It can also be frozen.

CLICK ON "COMMENTS" BELOW
TO WEIGH IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for weighing in...