October 8, 2017

High Satiety


satiety [suh-tahy-i-tee] noun
1. the state of being satiated

I once spent a season exploring my relationship with food. I had done some binge eating in my teens, so I read books that helped me to differentiate between real hunger and emotional eating. It was eye-opening, but the "eat to live, not live to eat" mentality put a damper on eating. I had no interest in just surviving. Food adventures were far too alluring.

The word "satiety" truly captures what a meal should achieve. It means to the full, sated, enough, to satisfy a desire or appetite. Although the word can sometimes mean excessive, it is most often used in a positive sense. 

Low-carb eating, with its moderate meat and high-fat, is perfect for creating "the scrumptious art of high satiety". The creativity is inexhaustible and when a meal fills-to-the-full for hours, satiety is at its highest.

Share your "COMMENTS" below↓

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for weighing in...