September 13, 2017

If the pants fit...

This Saturday will mark another first for me. I will be modeling two seasonal outfits at the Nampa, Idaho, Christopher & Banks locationI would have been a reluctant model forty-one-pounds ago. Now, as a 59-year-old realizing the gradual reemergence of a figure, I am jazzed!

Even my mother has lamented the challenge of buying clothes for me. My torso is long and I have an ample rear end. My shoulders and thighs are fuller, while my limbs are an average length. I do not look disproportional, but finding styles that fit and flatter is an undertaking. 

You know the deal. Pants will fit in the hips and derrière, but the legs are too long or wide, or the pants are the perfect length, but the waistline requires a vacuum seal to suck it in. I try on so many styles and sizes that my fitting room resembles a wear-house. Thankfully, Christopher & Banks understands the rest of us.

I learned my fashion sense from my mother's classy style. She has never dressed old. She adores color, design, and accessories. She orchestrates harmony! Regardless of our dissimilar body types, I admire her finesse. There is no shame in dressing like Mom! 

I was eager to attend my fashion show fitting! The mirror revealed ensembles that accentuated the positive and made me look good. I wanted to move—soak up some life!

Weight loss is not the magic wand that turns us into something or someone special. I believe we are already those things and that we need to recognize and love what's inside the package first. I dream thin, so the mirror is beginning to align with how I already see myself. 

Share your "COMMENTS" below↓

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for weighing in...