June 19, 2017

The Party's Over

Nassau, New Providence

My high seas adventures have concluded. Our cruise was a floating family reunion, along with a celebration of my parent's 60th wedding anniversary and mom's 80th birthday. I have an amazing family!

St. Pete Beach, Florida

I was resisting a return to responsibility because I spent one week meandering from one happy moment to another. I followed musicians from venue to venue, listening to Broadway, Jazz, Dixieland, Ragtime, and decades of top hits. I danced to Caribbean music, saw top notch acts on stage, ice, and water; toured 3 islands; and was up-close-and-personal with a vervet monkey. I lounged, daydreamed, and made new friends. I also enjoyed more low-carb choices than I dared to imagine and made excellent use of stairs.

Jazz Lounge on the Allure of the Seas

Ragtime on the Allure of the Seas

I enjoy meeting people with different cultural backgrounds and cruising hits the jackpot. The cruise staff and entertainers represented countries worldwide. Likewise, I met passengers from an assortment of places. A Persian family and I became fast friends. We spent evenings in the jazz lounge with a Greek quartet, listening to spectacular sets and artist tributes. Our paths intersected on every level.

I told Barry that we need to start saving for a cruise of our own. He's already on board!

Share your comments below↓

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for weighing in...