August 13, 2019

Change



We are all familiar with the phrase "hang it up," which basically means "to quit." Interestingly, the word "change" embodies the word "hang," and frequently, change can't happen without quitting something. 

Nothing in this world would exist without change. Heraclitus was quoted as saying, "Change is the only constant in life.” Do we always welcome change? Heck no! Many people deny it, some overreact to it, while others choose to be proactive and positive.

I never dreamed that, at 61 years of age, I would be living alone. Barry passed away 1½ years ago as of August 8, 2019. I have since become an empty-nester. My previous Kia Soul, MamaKia, was totaled and MiaKia has taken her place. Change is ongoing. 

I recently quit my job. I was dealing with passive-aggressive leadership and was wary of the time it took to daily rebuild my self-esteem. Toxic spills were becoming too familiar. I continued my ketogenic lifestyle, but stress and cortisol were undermining my success with losing 41 pounds.

Quitting often gets a bad rap, but I took a jumbo-jump of faith into the unknown. Remarkably, I was rewarded with instant peace. Change is a way of honoring ourselves.

Share your "COMMENTS" below↓

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for weighing in...