July 16, 2018

Recent Bite-Seeing

Meatballs with Bolognese and Alfredo Sauce
Wild West Eatery & Cantina
Eagle, Idaho

Caprese
Wild West Eatery & Cantina
Eagle, Idaho

I am gradually creating new adventures by inserting familiar faces into settings that were once shared with my husband. It is a process, but I am finding satisfaction and pleasure in simple things. I continue to search for local events that will keep me happily distracted.

I kept the above meals low-carb by removing the noodles. I see my weight dropping again as stress and grief levels acclimate to this new life of mine. I feel relief!

It occurred to me yesterday evening why doing things alone bothers me in ways that it never did before. I am usually independent and unafraid of launching out on my own. When Barry used to work out of town, I often flew solo, but I felt secure in knowing that he would be returning. Now, with him gone, I have no choice. Strangely, that makes a difference. Thankfully, friends have been showing interest in joining me. I find this soothing.

Feel free to comment below. ⇓

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for weighing in...