May 11, 2017

Low-Carb Biscuit Bites and Franks

Bread was once a major weakness for me. Although I have since tried some pleasing low-carb bread, ordered online, my greatest satisfaction comes from recipes that I bake myself.

Low-Carb Biscuit Bites and Franks

I recently featured "90-Second Microwave Paleo Bread" in my April 19, 2017, post. I have baked it with both almond flour and almond meal, each yielding tasty results! Swapping out the butter for duck fat also made a delicious difference. The fiber and fat kept me content for hours.

I baked Paleo "Almond Flour Biscuits" on Tuesday. These met any criteria I have for a biscuit. It was wonderful comfort food without the guilt. 

This recipe comes from Wholesome Yum, a wildly popular site that focuses on gluten-free and low-carb foods. My only variation was that I added Bragg Organic Sprinkle. I refer to these little yummies as "biscuit bites" because I did not flatten them. They were perfect for popping into one's mouth. Just ask my husband.

Biscuit Bites (before baking)

I allowed more space than I needed to at first. These biscuits retain their pre-baking size and shape. I found that I was able to bake in bigger batches.

Biscuit Bites (after baking)

An Instagram friend mentioned that these biscuit bites look like little scoops of ice cream. This just makes them more attractive to me.

A biscuit bite ready for butter...

I tried these with and without butter. Either way, I loved them. My husband said they were buttery enough for his taste. Get the recipe HERE.

A-tisket, a-tasket,
Put biscuits in my basket!

Share your comments below↓

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for weighing in...