August 28, 2016

Curry Cauli-Rice Salad


A well-stocked fridge, freezer, and pantry can spark some amazing dishes! Since I hate to be wasteful, I frequently improvise with what I have. This can sometimes sacrifice color, but never flavor. 

Hint: Do not hesitate to tweak leftovers if you feel that the original can still be enhanced. Some of our favorite meals were toyed with before I was satisfied.


CURRY CAULI-RICE SALAD

  • 2 packages of Trader Joe's frozen Organic Riced Cauliflower (yields 6 cups)
  • 2 heaping tablespoons of Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo
  • 1 tablespoon of natural stone ground mustard
  • 2 nitrite/nitrate free hot dog weiners, sliced
  • ½ of a large onion, diced
  • 1½ cups of mixed small red and yellow tomatoes, sliced in halves or quarters depending on size
  • 1 heaping tablespoon of curry (I used Muchi curry)
  • Italian seasoning to taste and a little for garnish
  • Maldon salt to taste (I rub it between my fingers while sprinkling)
  1. Follow the directions on the riced cauliflower to defrost in the microwave.
  2. Allow the riced cauliflower to cool. 
  3. Add the remainder of the ingredients. Stir well and refrigerate to allow flavors to marry.
Again, I used what I had. I plan on adding red and green bell peppers along with some fresh herbs next time. The mayo and mustard dressing makes a wonderful base, not to mention the healthful benefits of avocado oil.


CLICK ON "COMMENTS" BELOW
TO WEIGH IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for weighing in...