A well-stocked fridge, freezer, and pantry can spark some amazing dishes! Since I hate to be wasteful, I frequently improvise with what I have. This can sometimes sacrifice color, but never flavor.
Hint: Do not hesitate to tweak leftovers if you feel that the original can still be enhanced. Some of our favorite meals were toyed with before I was satisfied.
CURRY CAULI-RICE SALAD
- 2 packages of Trader Joe's frozen Organic Riced Cauliflower (yields 6 cups)
- 2 heaping tablespoons of Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo
- 1 tablespoon of natural stone ground mustard
- 2 nitrite/nitrate free hot dog weiners, sliced
- ½ of a large onion, diced
- 1½ cups of mixed small red and yellow tomatoes, sliced in halves or quarters depending on size
- 1 heaping tablespoon of curry (I used Muchi curry)
- Italian seasoning to taste and a little for garnish
- Maldon salt to taste (I rub it between my fingers while sprinkling)
- Follow the directions on the riced cauliflower to defrost in the microwave.
- Allow the riced cauliflower to cool.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients. Stir well and refrigerate to allow flavors to marry.
Again, I used what I had. I plan on adding red and green bell peppers along with some fresh herbs next time. The mayo and mustard dressing makes a wonderful base, not to mention the healthful benefits of avocado oil.
CLICK ON "COMMENTS" BELOW
TO WEIGH IN.