July 10, 2017

"From Fat to F.A.T." — with a new meaning...

Grilled Shrimp Chile Lime Salad | Baja Fresh

I was looking back at a 2007 post on my former blog, eye-dyllic.blogspot.com. The piece is titled "From Fat to F.A.T." It was the beginning of something  . . . just not the right something.  My acronym for F.A.T. stands for "Fit And Trim". I simply gave "fat" a more positive image.

I had begun exploring a Mediterranean diet. Yes, I was consuming healthy fat, protein, nuts, and low-carb veggies. However, the grains, sugar, beans, and higher carb vegetables were working against me.

The LCHF lifestyle has unequivocally changed my perspective. By incorporating more healthy fat and cutting out the carbage, I am finally experiencing real F.A.T. results. 

I hope the following article is an encouragement to you. Much of what I wrote still holds true. All of us started somewhere. The important thing is where we are now.


FROM FAT TO F.A.T.
by Karen June Miller @ eye-dyllic.blogspot.com
April 23, 2009
A little transparency here... I have contended with weight ups and downs since I was a toddler. I was a chunky chica in an era that considered baby fat to be part of a healthy upbringing. Unfortunately, this established a preset for the years ahead. Throughout my adolescence, I was never huge, but I was usually dealing with at least 10 to 20 extra pounds. Before marriage, I became very slim while singing and dancing in a vocal band. After getting married and having 3 children, my weight began to gradually climb until "mental pause" brought my metabolism to a screeching HALT!
I dream thin. I always have. And, my outer reality is not in alignment. Up until a week ago, I weighed more than I have ever weighed. I don't dislike me, I'm just miserable living in this body. I have less energy and I am noticing unfavorable changes. 
At 51, it would be easy to think that looking good again is futile since I no longer have a youthful body hiding beneath this upholstery. The thought of drapes, flagging upper arms, and jowls is far from appealing, but I do believe that by placing the emphasis on health, I could easily surprise myself. 
I love turning negatives into positives. (I have often seen God use negative circumstances to birth something new or simply upgrade my life.) F.A.T. = Fit and Trim. I gave up calorie and carb counters many moons ago. I refuse to interrupt the sensual pleasures of eating with statistics. 
My plan is based on something I have always loved: the Mediterranean diet. Not long ago, while shopping at a business closure, I picked up a fabulous book written by a female Italian chef. I will divulge the title and details in my next post. Let's just say that I have already lost 4 pounds! Woo woo!
That's all folks... 
Share your comments below↓

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for weighing in...