April 19, 2017

90-Second Microwave Paleo Bread — Louise Hendon

90-Minute Microwave Paleo Bread | Louise Hendon
Photo Credit: Karen June Miller

Most low-carbers lament the absence of bread. I understand. Prior to LCHF, I became weak-kneed for buttered sourdough and biscuits. In a moment of clarity, I recognized that I loved the butter more. There is no butter deprivation in this lifestyle. Still, I want that occasional slice of buttered bliss.

After dabbling with gluten-free bread, made primarily of rice flour, I was not impressed. Once I committed to low-carbing, I began to explore grain-free recipes. Keto Bread Loaves (by Rule.me) was the first baked bread that met with my approval.

I then tried 90-Second Microwave Paleo Bread (by Louise Hendon).  I was skeptical because it seemed improbable that any bread could taste good with only 90 seconds of baking, especially in a microwave oven. Well, I was delighted! Not only is the recipe easy to create and quick to cook, it gives me the bread fix I crave!

90-Minute Microwave Paleo Bread | Louise Hendon
Photo Credit: Karen June Miller

I cook each 90-Second Microwave Paleo Bread loaf in a large mug (without beveled sides) and allow it to cool slightly. I prefer an English muffin style thickness, so I cut each loaf into 3 slices. I prepare the slices 2 ways: pan toasted in butter or broiled. 

The pictured slices were slathered in garlic butter and topped with Bragg Organic Sprinkle. Today, I placed the bread under the broiler. 

90-Minute Microwave Paleo Bread | Louise Hendon
Photo Credit: Karen June Miller

There is no limit to what can be done with these. Just think outside the breadbox. Whatever you can do with grain bread, you can do with these gratifying slices!

CLICK ON "COMMENTS" BELOW
TO WEIGH IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for weighing in...